- Create symlink for selected file or folder from sidebar.
- Create symlink for currently editing file.
- Symlink location can be relative to project or absolute path.
- I had a simple usecase to create this extension.
- I was trying the 'task-runner' extension and found it picks tasks from package.json or ./vscode/tasks.json files.
- We mostly gitignore the .vscode folder so somehow I wanted to include the tasks.json inside the project.
- I found that the symlink for tasks.json from project folder to .vscode folder works just fine to show the list of taks in 'task-runner' to execute.
- The symlinc worked perfectly and that gave me the inspiration to create this extension to make it simple.
- In this vscode-symlink extension we do not collect any data.